Characteristics of Wood Railway Sleepers
The advantages of Wood Railway Sleepers are that they are flexible and can mitigate the dynamic impact of trains; they are easy to process and manufacture; they are easy to transport, lay and maintain; they have good insulation performance; they are simple to connect fasteners and Wood Railway Sleepers; they have a large friction coefficient between Wood Railway Sleepers and ballast, which can ensure the stability of the track.
The main disadvantages of hardwood railway sleepers
are short service life and many failure reasons, mainly corrosion, mechanical wear and split, which are mutual cause and effect; secondly, the elasticity and durability are not completely consistent, and the track is prone to be uneven under the action of locomotives and vehicles. Especially in the section of jointless track laying Wood Railway Sleeper, the stability is poor. Thirdly, the wood resources are poor, and the demand of all aspects is very large. No matter the quantity or the quality, it can not meet the use requirements.
Rules for use of Wood Railway Sleepers
The use of Wood Railway Sleepers shall comply with the following:
(1) the wide side is at the bottom; when the top is the same width as the bottom, the center of the tree is at the bottom.
(2) Wood Railway Sleepers with good quality shall be used at rail joints.
(3) the split Wood Railway Sleepers shall be bound or nailed before laying.
(4) before the use of new wooden train sleepers
, holes shall be drilled in advance with an aperture of 12.5 mm. The hole depth shall be 110 mm when there is an iron base plate and 130 mm when there is no iron base plate.
(5) the specification of the road wood plug used for the diversion is 110 mm long, 15 mm wide and 5-10 mm thick, which has been treated with anti-corrosion.